Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I have been up to...

So for the past two weeks I have had the joy of getting to spend time with my long time friend from Hungry. No, I am not hungry, she is from Hungry! Trust me I heard that joke a LOT when we were in school, I can't imagine how much she heard it. I will fill you in on the background (it's pretty neat). My Godparents were hosts to foreign exchange students while I was in high school and college. If I am not mistaken (and I will be corrected if I am) my dear friend was their first student, and the BEST. She came during our senior year, now we didn't go to the same school, but we did A TON of stuff together that year, and got into plenty of trouble. It is pretty amazing how people come into our lives for a period of time and through miles and years you still remain friends. Here are some pics of our senior year and again when she came to visit in 2001 (sorry they are blurry, pics of pics due to scanner on the fritz)


I was thrilled to find out that her family was coming for a visit this summer, for two weeks. Her youngest child was actually born on the SAME day as my daughter (she was a week early and I was a week late). Now we have spent the past two weeks going places and just hanging out. Enjoy the pics! 



Not many pictures were taken. At a certain point the camera was put away and I was chasing a two year old!




















































It was very very crowded, so again limited pictures. The best part was the new dolphin show, but you are not allowed to take pictures or video...boo!