Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to school!


I always seem to forget how tiring the first day of school can be. However I did manage to make it through all the sorting of supplies, "how tos", and numerous restroom breaks (have to get everything back on schedule). If you are new to my blog....WELCOME! Hopefully as I get back into the swing of things I can post a few of the tutorials from my classroom for those that have asked. For now here is a few of the books I use during the first few days of school (I try to find new ones, that will keep the students excited, they really seemed to like these this year!).

They thought this was hilarious (and I teach third grade), I used this to lead into them writing to tell me where they were this summer.
A good book to read prior to going over class rules
Another one to read with class rules
Fun book to start your first day of Reading, there are others in the serious as well, GREAT illustrations


For those following my blog because of my crafts and don't really care about the classroom stuff...here is what I wore today!

Old Navy Maxi Dress....so comfortable, and actually long on me! (still some avail. online)
And my accessories, the cardi is also Old Navy (very lightweight), flip flops Kiss Me from JCP, necklace from Charming Charlie, and of course fabric flowers from ME!
I am really loving yellow, grey, black/white these days! Click on the picture for my FB page to purchase!