Monday, January 9, 2012

What!?!?!

As I gear up to make a elements of different genre's worksheet for my kiddos I noticed a post....Super Teacher Worksheets is no longer free!

My first thought was WHAT! That was my go-to site. If I needed remediation or a quick homework sheet I would always turn to them and quickly hit print. So like many others and probably you as well....I hit up the site to see their reasoning. I get it, I do...well okay sort of I'm still pretty upset.

On the one hand I understand that it does take time, effort, and a little bit of creativity to make worksheets. If I could I would do it as a job. I really enjoy it, I love technology, and I think I am okay at it. But I just don't seem to have time...there is this thing called teaching that I need to do, behavior control management, cook, clean, grade papers, and raise a child. So I turn to websites especially Super Teacher Worksheets for some help.

I read their little letter and yes I get it, but part of me wonders...seriously wonders if they are just trying to make a buck? I am skeptical, I guess. Unfortunately I will probably pay for the membership...especially with the enticing "new graphics, new worksheets daily/weekly" part of the letter...wait! I should let my students read it because I think they are trying to persuade me to buy the membership!

I am pretty torn on this one...what are your thoughts????