Monday, July 30, 2012

Answered Questions and Pinterest Inspired

I survived the first teacher work day...with only one or two panic attacks! Still have those little annoying things to get done in my room, and then to focus on my lesson plans.

First there are a few comments and questions I should answer, it's much easier this way instead of doing it four or five times because some have the same questions.

I would like to clear up some confusion as to the mention of my teacher's assistant....no I do not have an extra assistant in my classroom, it's a job that one of my students can choose. They usually will run errands, pass out papers, file, get to carry our new bucket, and so on. Sorry for the confusion, I WISH I had an adult teacher's assistant though.

My behavior management system: I have posted the printables for those under the most recent post of The HBA, if you still can't find something I mentioned please let me know. I really tried to get them all uploaded for those of you that would like to try this or just see it.

Smart Beads: The crate/basket/bucket that they are stored in was bought at Target or Wal-Mart (can't remember) and I used vinyl letters cut from my cutting machine (Cricut).

Letters around my room: A lot of my lettering (the black letters with white outline) is store bought! Yep found them at The School Box, yep I couldn't believe it either when I found it. LOVE THEM! You will see in my final classroom reveal that I used them even more this year. I tried to find a direct link to them on The School Box website, but couldn't locate them.

My listening center from my very first Classroom Reveal , some had asked what clips I had used to hang the headphones from the ribbon and where I had found them. They were name tag clips from Wal-Mart. Can be found here.

The nine box shelf/cubby: I did buy mine at Target as well as the red and black bins that go inside of them. I  know Target just had them on sale recently, so keep an eye out. I have also seen both the shelving and cubby boxes at Wal-Mart as well.

Okay so that was just a few questions answered so now on to Pinterest Inspiration!

Recently I wrote a post on Classroom DIY about DIY Dry Erase Picture Frames. I had seen the idea on Pinterest and thought I would give it a shot....well so did a few of my co-teachers! They are all so cute! Therefore I leave you with a few pictures of them actually in the classrooms! I must thank Amy Godfrey for allowing me to take a picture...even though you are on maternity leave and well I took the picture anyway....as well as Samatha Kimbell (love typing your new name, now if you could remember to write it!)






This is the one in my classroom



Finally an early birthday present from my husband!!!! YEA! Now if I can find the time to "play".