Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Little Inspiration, The Old Fashioned Way

I was working on my home calendar and not that he had to, but my husband mentioned that my summer was quickly coming to an end. Now that I am back from all of my travels (which as I mentioned never happens) I am quickly realizing how much I need to do to get ready for the school year. I have YET to look at my new 5th grade curriculum, work on lesson plans, go to my e-class training, and heck even set up my new classroom! Whew that's a lot to do by July 30th. Yes, you read correctly our pre-planning begins JULY 30th!

As I was on vacation I read two books (one of which I started LAST summer, I did read 14 books last summer) but this summer the bucket business soared and the vacations were taken with a three year old. Have you ever tried to read a book with a three year old around?? I read the same page, maybe even paragraph 10x's before giving up! Therefore when we hit up the store I looked for something a little easier to read...magazines. I love magazines. I know I can get them on my iPad and/or Kindle, but I am opposite of most, I prefer to read books on my electronic devices and look at magazines by holding them. I tried to download one or get a subscription to another, but they ended up being the same price, so why not have something tangible and holdable.

Back to my story, this one magazine JUMPED off the shelf. The title STORAGE. Why have I not see this one before!!?!?!? I of course immediately picked it up and bought it. After looking through it, getting ideas I got on my iPad and looked for other ones to buy (even if I had to get them for my iPad because they were old issues) I also found one titled ORGANIZED. Seriously!?!? I was/am in heaven. So move over Pinterest...for a little while. While I search for inspiration the old fashioned way!

So if you have a little extra time and want a little inspiration then I highly suggest the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications...and don't be surprised if you see a few ideas from there "come to life" in my classroom!